Academy Funding for Flat Roofs
Academy Funding Condition Improvement Fund (CIF)
The Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) replaced the Academies Capital Maintenance Fund which awarded more than £466 million for 1,435 projects across 1,184 academies and sixth-form colleges for the 2017-2018 financial year.
Our core priority is keeping buildings safe and in good working order to ensure that children across the country can enjoy good quality school and college buildings that are fit for learning. Through Sarnafil’s dedicated refurbishment Surveyors, we can assist Academies, Converter Academies and Colleges to secure capital funding through the Condition Improvement Fund (CIF), and work closely with you to secure successful bids for all your refurbishment projects.
Most CIF funding aims to address issues with significant consequences that revenue or Devolved Formula Capital (DFC) funding cannot meet. These include issues with poor building condition, building compliance, energy efficiency or health and safety.
Our highest priority for every refurbishment project is the safeguard of the occupants of the building. To ensure this, Sika Sarnafil systems are installed without the use of naked flames. When upgrading the waterproofing, if the insulation is brought up to current Part L regulations this can save on future heating and cooling costs.
Given the timescales involved, now is the right time to get Sika Sarnafil Plus involved to help you secure finding for your School or College. The bidding process is extremely complicated and difficult to navigate so let us help you in securing funding for the 2018-19 application process.
Sika Sarnafil Plus has a network of trusted and experienced Sarnafil Plus Contractors providing a national support across the UK. Therefore, in addition to the complementary survey and condition report we can recommend one of our roofing contractors in an Academy’s area to tender the project to.
Improving the Future of Academies Across the UK
- Full Site Survey – Our Sarnafil Plus dedicated refurbishment Surveyors will be happy to conduct a comprehensive free of charge and without obligation survey to determine the appropriate Sarnafil system for your roof.
- Comprehensive Condition Report and Budget Costings –Sarnafil Plus condition report and specifications provide clarity behind each proposed solution, independent evidence, accurate budget cost and a good project plan - understanding of how works will be phased and of key risks.
- Specification Plus – Full technical service, roof plan, detailed drawing, wind uplift calculation, condensation risk analysis, U-Value calculations.
- Comprehensive Range of System Options – Ensuring the best solution for each individual application.
- Ongoing Support – Sarnafil Plus service includes experienced refurbishment contractors, regular inspections from our nationwide network of Sika Sarnafil field technicians, and a roof maintenance plan.
- An Extra Layer of Protection – Sarnafil Plus offers a ‘single point guarantee’, which covers against failure of design, materials and installation for up to 20 years. Sarnafil membranes are BBA Certified life expectancy of “in excess of 40 years”.
- Environmentally Sustainable Solution - Cost savings through thermal upgrading, reducing carbon emissions and whole life cost.
- Fire Safety – Installation without naked flames, removing fire related health & safety risks.