Sarnafil® S 327-15 EL
Sarnafil® S 327-15 EL (thickness 1.5 mm) is a polyester reinforced, multi-layer, synthetic roof waterproofing sheet based on premium-quality polyvinyl chloride (PVC) containing ultraviolet light stabilizers and flame retardant according to EN 13956. Sarnafil® S 327-15 EL is a hot air weldable roof membrane formulated for direct exposure and designed to use in all global climatic conditions.
UsageWaterproofing membrane for:
- Mechanically fastened roofing systems.
Advantages▪ Proven performance over decades. ▪ Lacquer coated surface. ▪ Various colours available. ▪ Resistant to permanent UV irradiation. ▪ Resistant to permanent wind exposure. ▪ Resistant to all common environmental influences. ▪ Hot air welding without use of open flames. ▪ High water vapour permeability. ▪ Recyclable.
Sarnafil® S 327-15 EL standard rolls are wrapped individually in a blue PE-foil.
|Packing unit:||see price list|
|Roll length:||20.00 m|
|Roll width:||2.00 m|
|Roll weight:||72.00 kg|
light grey (nearest RAL 7047) lead grey (Sika colour no. 9500) copper brown (nearest RAL 8004) patina green (Sika colour no. 6525) traffic white (nearest RAL 9016)
|Bottom surface:||dark grey|
Top surface of sheet in other special colours available on request, subject to minimum order quantities.
- Conformity with LEED v4 SSc 5 (Option 1): Heat Island Reduction - Roof (only traffic white).
- Conformity with LEED v4 MRc 2 (Option 1): Conformity with LEED v4 MRc 2 (Option 1): Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Environmental Product Declarations.
- Conformity with LEED v4 MRc 3 (Option 2): Building Product Disclosure and Optimization - Sourcing of Raw Materials.
- Conformity with LEED v4 MRc 4 (Option 2): Building Product Disclosure and Optimization - Material Ingredients.
- Conformity with LEED v2009 SSc 7.2 (Option 1): Heat Island Effect - Roof (only traffic white).
- Conformity with LEED v2009 MRc 4 (Option 2): Recycled Content.
- IBU Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) available.
APPROVALS / STANDARDS
Sarnafil® S 327-15 EL is designed and manufactured to meet most international recognised standards.
- Polymeric sheets for roof waterproofing according to EN 13956, certified by notified body 1213-CPD-4920 and provided with the CE-mark.
- Reaction to fire according to EN 13501-1.
- External fire performance tested according to ENV 1187 and classified according to EN 13501-5: BROOF (t1), BROOF (t3).
- Factory Mutual (FM) Approvals Class: 4470.
- Official Quality Approvals and Agrement Certificates and approvals.
- Monitoring and assessment by approved laboratories.
- Quality Management system in accordance with EN ISO 9001/14001.
5 years from date of production in unopened, undamaged and original packaging.
Rolls must be stored between +5 °C and +30 °C in a horizontal position on pallet, protected from direct sunlight, rain and snow. Do not stack pallets of rolls or any other material during transport or storage.
|20 m (- 0 % / + 5 %)|| |
|2 m (- 0.5 % / + 1 %)|| |
1.5 mm (- 5 % / + 10 %)
|≤ 30 mm|| |
|≤ 10 mm|| |
Mass per unit area
|1.8 kg/m² (- 5 % / + 10 %)|| |
Wide range of accessories is available e.g. prefabricated parts, roof drains, scuppers, walkway pads and decor profiles. The following accessories shall be used:
- Sarnafil® Metal Sheet PVC
- Sarnabar® / Sarnafast®
- S-Welding Cord PVC
- Sarna Seam Cleaner
- Sarna Cleaner
Not compatible with direct contact to other plastics, e.g. EPS, XPS, PUR, PIR or PF. Not resistant to tar, bitumen, oil and solvent containing materials.
Resistance to Impact
|hard substrate||≥ 600 mm|
|soft substrate||≥ 900 mm|
|rigid substrate||≥ 24 m/s|
|flexible substrate||≥ 32 m/s|
Resistance to Static Load
|soft substrate||≥ 20 kg|
|rigid substrate||≥ 20 kg|
|longitudinal (md)1)||≥ 1100 N/50 mm|
|transversal (cmd)2)||≥ 1100 N/50 mm|
|longitudinal (md)1)||≥ 12 %|
|transversal (cmd)2)||≥ 12 %|
|longitudinal (md)1)||≤ |0.3| %|
|transversal (cmd)2)||≤ |0.2| %|
≥ 200 N
≥ 200 N
1) md = machine direction 2) cmd = cross machine direction
Joint Peel Resistance
|no failure of the joint|| |
Joint Shear Resistance
|≥ 800 N/50 mm|| |
Foldability at Low Temperature
|≤ -25 °C|| |
External Fire Performance
BROOF (t1) < 20° / > 20°
BROOF (t3) < 70°
Reaction to Fire
|Class E|| |
(EN ISO 11925-2, classification to EN 13501-1)
Effect of Liquid Chemicals, Including Water
|On request|| |
|Pass (> 5000 h / grade 0)|| |
Ambient Air Temperature
-20 °C min. / +60 °C max.
-30 °C min. / +60 °C max.
The substrate surface must be uniform, smooth and free of any sharp protrusions or burrs, etc. Sarnafil® S 327-15 EL must be separated from any incompatible substrates by an effective separation layer to prevent accelerated ageing. Prevent from direct contact with bitumen, tar, fat, oil, solvent containing material and direct contact to other plastic materials, e.g. expanded polystyrene (EPS), extruded polystyrene (XPS), or phenolic foam (PF) as this could adversely affect the product properties. The supporting layer must be compatible to the membrane, solvent resistant, clean, dry and free of grease and dust. Metal sheets must be degreased with Sarna Cleaner before adhesive is applied.
Installation works must be carried out only by Sika Sarnafil Registered Roofing Contractors for roofing.
Installation of some ancillary products, e.g. contact adhesives / cleaners is limited to temperatures above +5 °C. Please observe information given by Product Data Sheets. Special measures may be compulsory for installation below +5 °C ambient temperature due to safety requirements in accordance with national regulations.